Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome

Just wanted to keep you guys updated on my life in Shanty Town Madison, WI. Unfortunately, I did not establish my own District 9, USA, but, of course, Shanty Town will always be in my heart, hence my blog's title, Shanty Living (with Iris).

For my first post, I'll share my dinner story from tonight. Anyway, I wanted to make dinner crepes for myself. So, I brought home some leftover-Epic lunch (sauteed mushrooms and shallots with rosemary) intending to wrap it in my homemade crepes.

Well, I just finished preparing my crepe batter using this recipe which I had started by melting my butter.

In a measuring cup over the laptop charger.

I still don't have a microwave, but my charger emits quite a bit of heat! Enough to melt butter apparently. Hmm...

And I then combined my flour and liquid ingredients with a blender. Using a plastic plate as the cover. (I had forgotten to bring the blender cap from Shanty Town, Ann Arbor. Fail.) Was the plate sufficient? Let me just say that I had quite the mess to clean up afterward...

This is Shanty Living at its finest.

Edit with picture:

Shanty-licious.

2 comments: